- Smoke and heat detection
- Water flow and sprinkler monitoring
- Temperature monitoring for temperature-sensitive areas such as freezers
- Elevator recall
- Voice evacuation system
- Duct detection
» When Fire Strikes, Fast Response is Critical
According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), fires and explosions cost businesses and schools more than $2.3 billion in property damage each year. Early detection and verification are the keys to limiting fire loss. Fortunately, both are Sonitrol specialties.
Sonitrol fire detection can be easily integrated with other Sonitrol products and services. Sonitrol Central Station operators can monitor signals from your facility 24 hours a day. They can monitor smoke and heat detectors, sprinkler systems and pull stations. Our professionals can differentiate between an intrusion alarm and a fire signal, and they can promptly dispatch the proper emergency personnel to your business.
Fire Statistics from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)(2006)
• 3,245 civilians lost their lives as the result of fire.
• 16,400 civilian injuries occurred as the result of fire.
• 106 firefighters were killed while on duty.
• Fire killed more Americans than all natural disasters combined.
• 81 percent of all civilian fire deaths occurred in residences.
• 1.6 million fires were reported. Many others went unreported, causing additional injuries and property loss.
• Direct property loss due to fires was estimated at $11.3 billion.
• An estimated 31,000 intentionally set structure fires resulted in 305 civilian deaths.
• Intentionally set structure fires resulted in an estimated $755 million in property damage.